Terms and conditions for bareboat charters 2023
Check In/ Out
All charters begin at 17:00 of the start-date (usually Saturday) and finish at 09:00 of the end-date of the charter period, exclusively at the designated ports. The chartered yacht has to return to its end-port by 17:00 of the day prior its end-date (usually Friday), at the latest.
Check Out Procedure
Check out is completed following your final exit of the yacht on Saturday morning. In case of damages found you will be informed accordingly at the company’s offices. If you are not present at the time of the completion of the check out you will be notified by email. In both cases the cost of repair will be deducted from your deposit. In any case it is necessary to come to the company’s office in the marina either to get signed document of the release of your deposit (in case no damage / loss were found) or to get the damage / loss analysis and settle the payment. In case of damage / loss your deposit will be charged with the corresponding amount and the remaining amount will be set free.
At check out clients should make sure there are no personal items left behind. Should our team find some forgotten items which belongs to clients, we will inform the soonest possible and arrange if/how these things should be returned to client. In any case Anassa Sailing is not to be held responsible for any clients items left behind or lost.
It is required by the Greek Port Authorities that at least one passenger of a bareboat yacht charter holds an internationally recognized certificate which qualifies him/her to navigate sailing yachts at open seas. The co-skipper can also hold a sailing certificate, or at least have some sailing experience. To demonstrate that, a formal written statement is signed at spot, where he/she declares that he/she carries open-sea experience in order to assist the skipper (no proof will be required).
Please note that the sailing license has to be (also) in English Language.
Charter fees include:
- The right to use the designated boat type along with its inventory
- All taxes & VAT (currently 12%)
- Insurance (yacht’s hull and machinery, third party liability and sea pollution)
- Port fees for the day of embarkation and disembarkation (port of call).
- 24 hour emergency service by Anassa Sailing
Charter fees do not include:
- Any costs incurred during the sailing trip such as water and fuel consumption, provisions, port fees.
- Optional extras (upon request) such as local skipper, hostess, SUP etc.
- End Cleaning (obligatory and payable in cash upon embarkation) which includes yacht’s cleaning, spare bottle of cooking gas, blankets, pillows, pillow cases, bed linen and towels 1set/person/week).
Terms of Payment
In order the booking to be valid, an advance payment equal to 50% of its total value has to be made till latest 7 days after booking confirmation. The remaining 50% will be payable 30 days before the start-date of the charter period, at the latest. It is noted that, in case a Booking is made for a charter period starting within the following 30 days or less, it has to be paid in full upon confirmation of booking.
Before embarking on the boat, the client will provide Anassa Sailing with a refundable deposit – in cash or credit card Visa/Master – intended to cover the cost for any loss or damage to the boat while on charter. The deposit is returned in full at the end of the charter period in case there is no damage and/or loss. Otherwise, the relevant cost is deducted from the deposit and the client will receive the balance.
Charter Booking Procedure
Upon deciding to actually book a charter proposed by Anassa Sailing the client has to formally request an option (right) of booking for the specific boat, ports and dates of interest, which can only be offered for a few days. It is during this short period of time that the client will have to book the charter and settle the advance payment, after having finalized all details pertaining to the intended sailing holiday along with the other participants of his/her group.
A charter booking will not be considered valid and final, unless the client:
- Has sent to Anassa Sailing proof of payment of the advance payment mentioned earlier (50% of the total value of the Charter Contract).
- The Charter Contract will finally be considered valid upon payment of the remaining 50% of its total value, 30 days before the beginning of the charter period, at the latest.
In case a booked yacht charter needs to be cancelled on the client’s initiative, the following terms will apply, as described below:
A. After booking confirmation and up to 91 days before embarkation: handling expense of € 350 is withheld
- Between 90 and 61 days prior to embarkation: 30% of the total charter fee is withheld
- C. Between 60 and 31 days prior to embarkation: 50% of the total charter fee is withheld
- D. 30 days or less prior to embarkation: 100 % of the total charter fee is withheld. In case client requested skipper/hostess/cook and cancels the charter 30% of these fees will be charged.
In case the yacht is re-chartered we guarantee the return of the Cancellation fee less the handling expense, provided the yacht is chartered under the same conditions.
Agencies offering our yachts through their platform / booking system / website etc. are responsible for the correctness of the entries (such as yacht details and pictures, yachts base, payment terms, cancellation policy etc.).
In any case Anassa Sailing terms and conditions apply, irrelevant of terms and conditions offered on agency’s website / platform / booking system etc.